Losing weight requires a lot of dedication and discipline. A person who plans to lose weight should be equipped with useful and effective information and tips on how to lose weight whether using diet and exercise books or by just browsing the web about it. Meanwhile, you can start by looking at some of the tips on how to lose weight listed below. I hope you will attain your goals using these methods and tips.
If you add one of these tips a week to your daily routine, in one year you will have developed some very healthy habits.
1. Eliminate one tablespoon of fat a day and you will lose 10 pounds in a year.
2. Avoid strange fad diets – if you can’t eat that way for the rest of your life, don’t waste your time or your health.
3. Limit alcohol consumption – each serving contains 100 to150 calories.
4. Eat fruit at least twice a day.
5. Keep a food diary about your food choices, indicating how hungry you are each time you eat. Pay particular attention to your level of hunger when you snack.
6. Perform aerobic exercise a minimum of 30 minutes three times a week. Log this on your food diary. Gradually increase the length and frequency of your workouts.
7. Weigh yourself no more than twice a week.
8. Give yourself a non – food reward for every 5 pounds lost.
9. Slow down your eating speed – make meals last at least 20 minutes. Try eating with the other hand or taking a sip of water between bites.
10. Use smaller plates.
11. Bring your lunch to work at least three times a week.
12. Start to strength train twice a week. Building muscle increases your metabolism and forces your body to use fat, not muscle, when you’re cutting back on calories.
13. Stop eating while watching television.
14. Have someone else put away leftovers.
15. Buy a good low-fat, low-calorie cookbook or magazine subscription.
16. Try two new reduced-calorie recipes a month.
17. Eat breakfast daily.
18. Don’t read while eating.
19. Have a sweet treat once a week.
20. Keep healthful snacks at home and at work.
21. Limit your cheese consumption to reduce fat and saturated fat — use cheese and lunchmeat with less than 5 grams of fat per ounce.
22. Add calorie counting or fat-gram counting to your food diary for a few weeks if your weight loss is slowing down. Maybe you’re missing something.
23. Substitute herbs and spices for salt.
24. Shop for food when you are not hungry, and use a shopping list.
25. Replace ground beef with ground turkey or soy crumbles in dishes such as spaghetti. Don’t skip the protein in your meals; find a leaner substitute.
26. Eat three vegetables a day.
27. Always eat sitting down.
28. Request that your family and friends respect your efforts to lose weight and get fit – beware of loving “sabotage.”
29. Take a walk when you’re stressed or angry.
30. Eat two dairy products a day – be aware of your calcium intake. Select low-fat or nonfat dairy products to reduce fat calories.
31. Order dressings and sauces on the side and apply them with a fork.
32. Increase your fiber intake – chose whole-grain breads, cereals and pasta products, legumes, and raw fruits and vegetables.
33. Add slow-down food to your meals – crunchy vegetables, a large glass of water, hot soup or beverages, or fresh fruit to fill you up.
34. Cook with chicken broth, nonstick cooking spray, wine or water.
35. Drink eight 8-ounce glasses of water a day.
36. Shrink portion sizes of meats and starches, and pile on the vegetables.
37. Ask how the food is prepared when ordering in a restaurant.
38. Choose low-fat frozen yogurt or frozen juice bars instead of ice cream. Be careful of the portion size these foods still have calories!
39. Select clear broth- or tomato-based soups over white soups.
40. Keep the junk foods out of sight in your home and workplace.
41. Take walking shoes or a jump rope with you when you travel to keep up with your exercise.
42. If you?re getting off track, try to pre-plan your food intake for the next three days by writing it down.
43. Buy frozen diet dinners with 10 grams of fat or less and 800 milligrams of sodium or less.
44. Avoid batter coating or breading.
45. Use two egg whites in baking instead of one whole egg.
46. Stretch during television commercials – arm circles, leg lifts, head tilts, etc.
47. Eliminate the butter on your rolls or popcorn.
48. Learn to say “no” gracefully when a friend or relative offers you a second helping.
49. Choose pizza with vegetable toppings rather than high-fat meats, such as sausage and pepperoni. Ask for less cheese. Have you ever tried tomato pie?
50. Choose cooking techniques that keep fat to a minimum, such as baking, grilling, broiling, roasting or steaming.
51. Add more low-fat soy products to your diet for the soy protein and health benefits.
52. Forgive yourself when you slip — and make the next food choice a healthy one.
How to stay on a diet – Tips on how to diet and lose weight Video: